I began fishing with my father when I was about 10 years old and developed my love for fishing way back then. Most of that fishing was “saltwater” fishing in the Chesapeake Bay and surrounding waters of the eastern shore area of Maryland. After my father’s death in 1978, I began “fresh water bass fishing” and have continued to fish for Largemouth and Smallmouth bass ever since. I began competitive bass fishing in 1988 when I became a member of the Virginia Bass Federation. I am a retired Police Officer with 32 years of service with the Fairfax County Police Department.
- Virginia Bass Federation (Currently Director, Virginia Bass Federation, Region 1)
- Bass Snipers Bass Anglers (Currently Club President)
I am currently the Director of The Virginia Bass Federation, Region1. I held the position of Assistant Director and Tournament Director for the Virginia Bass Federation, Region 1, from January 2001 through December 2006. During that time I also was tournament director for the St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital Charity Tournament several other children’s charity events.
- Qualified for the Virginia Bass Federation Chapter Team Championship every year since 1994.
- Qualified for the Virginia Bass Federation “Mr. Bass Tournament” 13 times since 1994.
- Qualified for the Virginia Bass Federation Fall Classic Championship 6 times in the last 9 years.
- I have fished in numerous B.A.S.S. and F.L.W. sanctioned events in California, Arizona, Maryland, North Carolina, New York and Canada over the past 10 years and have several wins and top 5 finishes to my credit.
- I also have several wins and numerous top 5 and top 10 finishes in Virginia Bass Federation events.
- Captain Gary’s Marine Care Products (Pro Staff and Elite Fishing team)
- Deep Creek Lures (Pro Staff and Elite Fishing team)
- Preferred Plastics Custom Baits